Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wordless Prayers

Read: Exodus 2:23-3:7 RBT: 2 Samuel 5-8


A woman who was slowly dying from cancer was frequently visited by her paster. One day she said to him, "At times I am so wracked with agony that it is impossible for me to gather my thoughts to pray. Even when i rally somewhat from the influence of the morphine, my mind is still dazed, and I cannot concentrate for any length of time"
He looked at her a moment and said, "you can groan, can't you?"

"Oh, yes," she answered, "my days are spent in groaning."
"Well, never mind that you can't formulate lengthy prayers. Your groans reach to God's ear just as surely as your more eloquent petitions."

Child of God, your deep groans are worth more than a thousand wordy, superficial prayers. Every time you bare your heart to the Lord, you may be sure that He hears your cry.
It's a great priviledge to be able to commune with our heavenly Father.

If our health is goos and our mind is clear, we should formulate our requests carefully and thoughtfully. But if we are too ill to think, we can take comfort in knowing that He hears the groans of those who love Him. He knows our hearts even when we can't put our feelings into words.

When God inclines the heart to pray,
He hath an ear to hear;
To Him there's music in a groan
And beauty in a tear.

Memory Verse:
The Lord said"I...have heard their cry..., for I know their sorrows."
Exodus 3:7

When Praying, Pray with a heart...

No comments: